Thursday, August 26, 2010

The BFF

"Are you sure about this?" Sebastian asked me, as I was sipping my tea.

We were in Coffeebean in Greenbelt 5; the place was packed with PLU's even though it was already close to 2am.

Most of them were staring at Sebastian and me. I couldn't blame them.

"Of course I'm not sure, Sebastian," I retorted, "Do you think I'm a 100% confident everything will go according to my plans? I'm not even sure I'll be placed in the same account as Peter. Perish forbid the thought that I be placed in a different center from him."

Sebastian put down his coffee, "That's not what I'm asking Bobby. I want to know, are you sure you want to go through with this? Are you ready for whatever repercussions this entails?"

I looked outside the window; it was raining hard.

The last time I talked to Peter, it was raining just like this, I thought to myself, That's when he told me about...

I looked Sebastian in the eye, "I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

Sebastian smiled, "Good. Shall we begin?"

He took out a laptop from his leather bag and opened it on the table.

"This is Peter's new boyfriend of 2 years," Sebastian said, showing me a Facebook profile of a handsome young man, about my age, tall, well-built, "His name is Adam."

I looked at Adam's picture. I couldn't talk.

"Are you okay?" asked Sebastian.

I wanted to say yes, I wanted to nod, but I was shocked.

"He... he looks..." was all I could say.

Sebastian nodded, "I know..."

He maximized the picture, making the obvious so much more... obvious.

"He looks just like you," Sebastian said.

Closer and closer, Peter, was all I could think.

No comments:

Post a Comment